Farmers and growers are reminded that the second Tranche of Tier 1 of the Farm Business Improvement Scheme – Capital (FBIS-C) opened for applications today and will close at 4 pm on 2 February 2018.
Tier 1 of FBIS-C is designed to support smaller scale investments that will improve the sustainability of farm businesses. It will support the purchase of equipment and machinery, costing from £5,000 to £30,000, from a list of eligible items. Grant support under this Tranche will be subject to budget availability.
FBIS-C Tier 1 is delivered by Countryside Services Limited on behalf of the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA)
Countryside Services will be hosting a series of information sessions in January. These will focus on the scheme requirements, how to apply and what is eligible under Tranche 2 of Tier 1.
Guidance on the Tier 1 application process, List of Eligible Items, Indication of Support Letter (bank letter), ‘Making it Safer’ Risk Assessment, Explanatory Booklet, FAQs and how to apply can be found on the DAERA website or the Countryside Services website.
Notes to editors:
1. It is envisaged that the second Tranche of Tier 1 of FBIS-Capital will have a budget of £7.5million, subject to budget availability in 2018-19.
2. Eligible applications will be ranked according to the Scheme selection criteria and the available funding awarded to the highest scoring applications. As with Tranche 1, eligible applications will be assessed against the following selection criteria:
- FBIS-C theme band;
- Value for Money;
- Online submission;
- Age of applicant; and
- Educational Attainment.
3. To be eligible for extra points, the applicant must be a named member of the farm business and be 40 years of age or younger on 3 January 2018. (This is the last working day before the application opening date, similar to the approach for Tranche 1).
4. DAERA would remind farmers to:
- Assess the need of the farm business in terms of sustainability and new equipment;
- Contact their lending institution or bank to make arrangements for the provision of a new Indication of Support Letter (bank letter);
- Complete a new online farm ‘Making it Safer’ Risk Assessment on or after 1 December 2017;
- Contact DAERA if you wish to add new members to an existing DAERA Farm Business ID or establish a new one;
- Contact suppliers to assess the affordability of items of interest to them.
5. A second Tranche of Tier 2 of FBIS-Capital is also planned, but it is not possible at this stage to be specific about the timing. Decisions on this will be subject to a review of the lessons learned from the first Tranche and funding availability.
6. FBIS-C Tier 1 is supported by DAERA and the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development.
7. Further information on the FBIS-Capital Scheme is available on the DAERA website.
8. Follow us on Twitter.
9. All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office, Tel: 028 9052 4619, email DAERA Press Office. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Payment claims for EFS must be made on Single Application 03 April 2020
- Right waste, right place - essential during Covid-19 crisis 03 April 2020
- Poots announces £1.5m support package for fishing industry 03 April 2020
- DAERA Minister urges halt to prescribed fires to aid stretched emergency services 02 April 2020