The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) has announced that the Environmental Farming Scheme (EFS) Wider Level will open for applications from Monday 19 August to 20 September 2019. Successful applicants will be offered a 5 year scheme agreement, which will start on 01 January 2020.
Applicants must register, or have access to DAERA’s online services, as applications must be submitted online. EFS Wider Level contains a range of measures that farmers can undertake on farm to enhance biodiversity, improve water quality, and mitigate against climate change. Farmers choose which options they prefer, depending on their individual preferences or farm type.
Get ready now and start to plan your application!
Although there will be 5 weeks to submit an application it is advisable to start thinking about what options might be best suited to your farm from the range available.
Unlike previous agri-environment schemes, the EFS requires much of the work to be completed and claimed by the 01 June of the first year of the agreement. You should therefore be confident that you can complete all the work you will be required to do within the stated time periods.
As the application can only be made online, there may be a few steps to take now to prepare so you are ready when the application period opens. For example, you will need access to DAERA Online Services and you must also have a current email address that you can access.
If you already have a Government Gateway ID and Password that you use for APHIS or the Single Application and Map Service, then you can use the same log in details to access the EFS online application.
If you do not already have access, you will need to register
You are strongly advised to start the registration process now as this involves providing photographic identification documents at your local DAERA Direct Office.
If you need help to access DAERA Online Services contact your local DAERA Direct Office on 0300 200 7848 or 0300 200 7840.
Notes to editors:
- DAERA has announced the EFS Wider Level will open for applications on Mon 19 Aug and will close on 20 Sep 2019. Applications must be submitted via DAERA's online services portal.
- Follow DAERA on Twitter and Facebook.
- All media enquiries to DAERA Press Office or tel: 028 9052 4619.
- A timely reminder of changes to record keeping for High Phosphorous poultry manure 23 January 2020
- Minister Poots extends closing date to Business Development Groups Scheme 22 January 2020
- Increase farming knowledge and skills by joining a Business Development Group 22 January 2020
- Rising to the challenge of making one of our favourite foods healthier 21 January 2020