An area of intact blanket bog within a large expanse of modified peatland.The site comprises an area of typical blanket bog vegetation, with an extensive upland raised dome. The well developed pool and hummock complex associated with the dome is the main feature of the site. Areas of cutover bog provide habitat diversity.
Notable species include the hummock-forming sphagnum imbricatum. The bog also provides habitat for upland birds.
- ASSI Guidance for Public Bodies/Competent Authorities
- Coastal Areas of Special Scientific Interest
- Management of Special Areas of Conservation (SAC)
- Marine Conservation Zones
- Marine Natura 2000 network (Marine N2K) - Marine SACs and SPAs
- Marine Protected Areas
- Marine Ramsar Sites
- Portrush Coastal Zone
- Special Areas of Conservation
- Special Areas of Conservation for Harbour porpoise
- Special Protection Areas