You can apply for an Export Health Certificate (EHC) for EU Member States and non- EU Member States (Third Countries) for aquaculture animals and aquaculture products by following the instructions below.
Before you start
‘Aquaculture animal’ means any aquatic animal at any stage of its life, including eggs and sperm/gametes, dead, reared in a farm or mollusc farming area, including any aquatic animal from the wild intended for a farm or mollusc farming area.
‘Aquaculture products’ means any product derived from ‘aquaculture animals’.
NB: Live oysters for direct human consumption are certified by Local Authority Environmental Health Officers - see the Fish and Seafood Products – exports for human consumption for further details.
For export to Non-EU Third Countries, please use the green application button at the bottom of this page to start your application.
How to apply for an EHC
For movement or export to EU Member States, please use the link below:
Complete the application form and e-mail it to: Fish.Health@daera-ni.gov.uk
EHCs are issued by DAERA Fish Health Inspectorate (FHI). .Applications must be submitted at least two working days before the proposed date of movement to allow the FHI to plan an inspection of your consignment before export.
If you require any assistance or further advice/information please contact:
Telephone: 028 4461 8089
Disease status for aquaculture exports
The disease status of marine areas in which aquaculture products are harvested in Northern Ireland can be viewed at the following link: Northern Ireland Marine Disease Control Compartments
- Brexit transition Q&As - Direct landings of fishing vessels
- Brexit transition Q&As - Import and export of fish
- Brexit transition Q&As - Movement of Products of Animal Origin (POAO)
- Checklist for live aquaculture imports
- DAERA Premises List
- DECOL Guidance
- Export Certification for Bovine Semen to EU Member States
- Export Health Certificates (EHCs) not available on Form Finder
- Exporting animals and animal products from Northern Ireland to a Third Country (DECOL)
- Exporting Food Products of Animal Origin and Animal By Products to GB for later onward export to EU/NI from GB (SHA Online)
- Exports of Aquaculture Animals and Products
- General rules on marketing and movement of Aquaculture Animals and Products in Northern Ireland
- Imports of Aquaculture live fish, including live shellfish and trout eggs to Northern Ireland from the European Union
- Imports of Aquaculture live fish, including live ornamental fish, shellfish and trout eggs into Northern Ireland from outside the European Union
- Internal live fish and live shell fish movements
- Milk and milk products Q & A
- Moving fish and fishery products
- National controls for the importing of molluscan shellfish, fish and lobsters
- UK Certification Schemes