You can apply for an Export Health Certificate (EHC) for EU Member States and non- EU Member States (Third Countries) for aquaculture animals and aquaculture products by following the instructions below.
Before you start
‘Aquaculture animal’ means any aquatic animal at any stage of its life, including eggs and sperm/gametes, dead, reared in a farm or mollusc farming area, including any aquatic animal from the wild intended for a farm or mollusc farming area.
‘Aquaculture products’ means any product derived from ‘aquaculture animals’.
NB: Live oysters for direct human consumption are certified by Local Authority Environmental Health Officers - see the Fish and Seafood Products – exports for human consumption for further details.
Disease status for aquaculture exports
The disease status of marine areas in which aquaculture products are harvested in Northern Ireland can be viewed at the following links:
How to Apply for an EHC for Aquaculture Products
If you are exporting to an EU Member State, DECOL is not the appropriate place to make your application. Instead, you must download and complete 'Notification of Proposed Fish Movement Form' below and then email the form as an attachment to Fish.Health@daera-ni.gov.uk.
Third Country Trade
If you are exporting to a 'Third Country' eg China, you must make your application in DECOL. Please use the green application button at the bottom of this page to start your application. You must upload the Export Health Certificate and a completed version of the 'Notification of Proposed Fish Movement Form' document listed below as a supporting document.
Please provide as much advanced notification of the intended date of export as possible before making your application by contacting DAERA Fish Health Inspectorate at the email listed below.
If you require any assistance or further advice/information please contact:
Telephone: 028 4461 8089
- Brexit transition Q&As - Direct landings of fishing vessels
- Brexit transition Q&As - Import and export of fish
- Checklist for live aquaculture imports
- DAERA Premises List
- DAERA Stakeholder Bulletins
- DECOL Guidance
- Export Certification for Bovine Germplasm, including Semen, Oocytes and Embryos, to EU Member States
- Export Health Certificates (EHCs) not available on Form Finder
- Export of porcine semen to EU
- Exporting animals and animal products from Northern Ireland to a Third Country (DECOL)
- Exporting Food Products of Animal Origin and Animal By Products to GB for later onward export to EU/NI from GB (SHA Online)
- Exports of Aquaculture Animals and Products
- FAQ Movement of Product of Animal Origin (POAO) to and from GB and for onward export V2
- Further information on equine movements to GB, ROI, exports to EU Member States and Third Countries
- General rules on marketing and movement of Aquaculture Animals and Products in Northern Ireland
- Imports of Aquaculture live fish, including live shellfish and trout eggs to Northern Ireland from the European Union
- Imports of Aquaculture live fish, including live ornamental fish, shellfish and trout eggs into Northern Ireland from outside the European Union
- Internal live fish and live shell fish movements
- Milk and milk products Q & A
- Moving fish and fishery products
- National controls for the importing of molluscan shellfish, fish and lobsters
- UK Certification Schemes