You can apply to export fish and seafood products (including live oysters for further processing and or purification prior to human consumption (e.g. oysters to China).
Before you start
In order to begin your application on the DAERA Export Certification Online system (DECOL) you will need to have completed the export health certificate (EHC) application and have any supporting documents ready for upload.
You can obtain the EHC application via the Defra Form Finder.
Obtaining an EHC
An Export Health Certificate (EHC) for fish / fishery / aquaculture products going directly for human consumption, is generally issued by Environmental Health Officers (EHOs) who are authorised as Food Competent Certifying Officers (FCCOs) working in your Local Authority Council Office.If you need assistance to complete an application for an EHC or want to enquire about the availability of an EHO/FCCO to issue, please contact your Local Council for assistance. In some instances, for example exporting to Latvia, dual certification is required by both the Local Authority FCCO and DAERA Veterinary Certifying Officer.
When making your application in these instances, you must select the dual certification commodity option from the drop down menu in DECOL (Pictured Above).
The DAERA Direct Offices in Newtownards and Newry currently provide this certification. Contact details for these offices can be found on the DAERA Direct Regional offices page.
If there is insufficient space on the EHC application to record full product details you need to complete a schedule and submit this with your application. The schedule and instructions for completion are available using the link below:
Disease Status for Aquaculture/Fish/Fishery Products Exports
The disease status of marine areas in which fish / fishery / aquaculture products are harvested in Northern Ireland can be viewed at the following link:
- Brexit transition Q&As - Direct landings of fishing vessels
- Brexit transition Q&As - Import and export of fish
- Certification Support Officer
- Checklist for live aquaculture imports
- DECOL Guidance
- Exports of Aquaculture Animals and Products
- Form Finder (Notes for Guidance)
- General rules on marketing and movement of Aquaculture Animals and Products in Northern Ireland
- Imports of Aquaculture live fish, including live shellfish and trout eggs to Northern Ireland from the European Union
- Imports of Aquaculture live fish, including live ornamental fish, shellfish and trout eggs into Northern Ireland from outside the European Union
- Internal live fish and live shell fish movements
- Moving fish and fishery products
- National controls for the importing of molluscan shellfish, fish and lobsters
- SHA Online - Apply for a Support Health Attestation