Fish and Seafood Products – exports for human consumption

You can apply to export fish and seafood products (including live oysters for further processing and or purification prior to human consumption (e.g. oysters to China).

Before you start

Obtaining an EHC

An Export Health Certificates (EHCs) for fish / fishery / aquaculture products going directly for human consumption, is generally issued by Environmental Health Officers (EHOs) working in your Local Authority Council Office.  

If you need assistance to complete an application for an Export Health Certificate (EHC) or want to enquire about the availability of an Environmental Health Officer (EHO) to issue, please contact your Local Council for assistance

If there is insufficient space on the EHC application to record full product details you need to complete a schedule and submit this with your application. The schedule and instructions for completion are available using the link below:

Disease status for aquaculture exports

The disease status of marine areas in which fish / fishery / aquaculture products are harvested in Northern Ireland can be viewed at the following link:


Start your Export Health Certificate application

Back to top