Please use this form if you want to renew an existing waste exemption.
Before you start
- There is a £671 or £926 fee depending on the type of exemption being renewed.
- You will be taken to Gov.UK Pay where you need a credit or debit card to pay for the renewal.
- You can only apply for a renewal if it is within two months of it’s expiry date (and has not gone past it).
- You will also need a Government Gateway account to complete the process – there will be an option to register on Government Gateway if you do not have one.
- Changes are currently permitted for Simple Exemptions and Paragraphs 14, 19, 45, 49, 50 and 52 renewals. Please take the opportunity to review your details and to draw a red line boundary on your application.
- The remaining paragraph can be renewed online if there are no changes to the information held on the exemption certificate. You can upload additional supporting documents (e.g. proof of ownership).
- If you require any changes or have further enquiries please email ELMSWaste@daera-ni.gov.uk or telephone 0845 302 0008