Coping with the Pressures of Farming Workshops
In response to the concerns around the impact of the recent avian influenza outbreak, DAERA will be running a series of ‘Coping with the Pressures of Farming’ workshops in conjunction with CAFRE. They will focus on recognising the symptoms of excessive stress; exploring ways to build resilience and develop strong mental fitness; and learning how to access specialist support.
The workshops will be delivered by Rural Support as part of CAFRE’s Farm Key Skills programme at no cost and are being delivered both on-line and in person.
Dates and locations of upcoming workshops are as follows:
- Thursday 24 February 2022 - 7:30pm - Online
- Wednesday 2 March 2022 - 7:30pm - Glarryford - Farmers Hall
- Thursday 3 March 2022 - 7:30pm - Portadown, - Seagoe Hotel
- Thursday 10 March 2022 - 7:30pm - Online
- Wednesday 16 March - 7:30pm - Cookstown - The Royal Hotel
More details on the workshops and how to register can be found at the following links.
- Poultry sector: Sign up today for free Coping with the Pressures of Farming workshops | Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (daera-ni.gov.uk)
- Coping with the Pressures of Farming - Wellbeing | CAFRE
DEFRA Avian Influenza - "Stop the Spread" webinars
Due to the current avian influenza (‘Bird Flu’) outbreak, maintaining effective biosecurity has never been more critical.
Find out what you can do to keep your birds free of the disease, by registering for one of the Defra webinars.
These events are hosted by leading Defra epidemiologists and veterinary professionals and will cover:
- The latest information on the national situation and the high number of cases in the North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire & Leicestershire areas;
- Essential biosecurity measures that all keepers of birds and poultry (pets or commercial) should be taking in these higher instance areas and the rest of the country;
There will also be an opportunity to ask questions about biosecurity best practice;
To register and for full details visit:
Protect your flock webinar (1 December 2021)
A recording of the ‘Protect Your Flock’ webinar which was held on Wednesday 1 December in conjunction with CAFRE to heighten awareness of the importance of good biosecurity for the hobby flock sector is now available in the following video: