The requirements help to prevent the spread of tree damaging pests and diseases.
- Wood packaging material import requirements into Northern Ireland
- Flowchart to determine import requirements for wood packaging material into Northern Ireland
- Plant Health Checks of Wood Packaging Material from Belarus, China and India Implementing (EU)2020/127
- Wood and bark imports from countries outside the EU requiring notification
- A guide to importation and export of wood and wood products for Northern Ireland
Forms - Wood and Bark
- Registration as Professional Operator and Application to become Registered Authorised Professional Operator
- Application for Phytosanitary Certificate - Wood and Bark
Wood and Bark Import Inspection Fees
Imports of wood or bark from countries outside the EU may be charged for documentary, identity or physical checks. Imports must be notified to the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) using TRACES NT.
Biosecurity Awareness e- learning modules, forestry, wood and bark
Forestry Commission Digital Learning platform provides four training modules that are of relevance to the forestry and wood processing sector.
Module 1 Biosecurity Awareness
Module 2 Biosecurity Dispersal Pathways
Module 3 Biosecurity Measures
Module 4 Biosecurity Personal Controls
These training modules can be accessed at https://www.forestryelearning.org.uk/