The requirements help to prevent the spread of tree damaging pests and diseases.
- Wood packaging material import requirements into Northern Ireland
- Flowchart to determine import requirements for wood packaging material into Northern Ireland
- Plant Health Checks of Wood Packaging Material from China and Belarus Implementation of Decision (EU) 2018/1137
- Consignment of notification of wood packaging material from China and Belarus implementation of decision (EU) 2018/1137
- Wood and bark imports from countries outside the EU requiring notification
- Consignment notification form for wood and bark imports from countries outside the EU
- A guide to importation and export of wood and wood products for Northern Ireland
- Application for registration for importers of controlled wood and bark from countries outside the EU
Wood and Bark Import Inspection Fees
Imports of wood or bark from countries outside the EU may be charged for documentary, identity or plant health checks. Imports must be notified to the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) using the Consignment Notification form (CN1)
The Certificate of Inspection and Clearance (CIC1) is completed within three days of receiving the CN1 form. If there is a check a charge may be applied to the importer or his customs’ representatives. Either the importer or his customs’ representatives must be registered with DAERA before a custom’s clearance certificate can be completed for a charged check.