DAERA collects some dead wild birds for Avian Influenza (AI) surveillance purposes. This helps us understand if and when the virus is present in Northern Ireland, and when calculating which areas are most at risk.
Before you start
This Wild Bird Reporting tool covers Northern Ireland only. To report a dead wild bird in mainland UK please use the Report dead wild birds service on GOV.UK.
Please use this service to report any dead wild birds you may find.
Sick or dying wild birds
If you find a sick or dying wild bird, these can be reported to the landowner or the USPCA. Please visit the USPCA website for information about injured wildlife.
Advice for the public
- Further information about Avian Influenza
- More information about Avian Influenza is also available on the Public Health Agency website
- Accessibility statement - DAERA Dead Wild Bird Online Reporting Tool
- Avian Influenza (AI)
- Avian Influenza Prevention Zone (AIPZ)
- Backyard Flocks
- Biosecurity Checklist and Biosecurity Guidance
- Disease Control Zones: Licencing
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza (HPAI) H5N1 outbreak December 2021 Timeline
- Introduction to animal welfare
- Latest Situation
- Moving live poultry, birds, animals and products of animal origin (POAO) into Northern Ireland
- Moving live poultry, birds, animals and products of animal origin (POAO) out of Northern Ireland
- Wild Birds and Advice for the Public