5 Key areas
- Animal Health
- Business Planning
- Health & Safety (Including First Aid)
- Environmental sustainability
- New technologies in ICT
Courses are delivered by professionals with experience and expertise in their sector and provide awareness training on a range of topics within each of the keys areas.
Examples of workshops to date include:
- Responsible Use of Antibiotics in the Dairy Herd
- Taxation & Succession Planning
- Making Tax Digital
- First Aid
- Nutrient Management & Soil Analysis Interpretation.
Who is eligible to attend?
FFKS courses are open to farmers, growers, farm family members and farm employees. Training is delivered free of charge to these members in local venues across Northern Ireland.
Since the scheme was launched in 2016 over 8,500 farm family members and employees have availed of the training.
What are the benefits?
- Greater awareness and knowledge of topical issues impacting on farm businesses that can help with on-farm decision making.
- Courses are tailored to match the needs and availability of people working in particular sectors, for example courses for the dairy industry can be structured to avoid milking times.
- Courses are free for farmers, growers, farm family members and employees and are held in local venues.
- Courses last no longer than 3 hours to minimise time away from your business.
How do you find out what’s on?
- Visit the CAFRE website: www.cafre.ac.uk/industry-support/farm-family-key-skills/
- E-mail email@example.com