You can apply to export eggs and egg products following the link below. Here you will find guidance and templates to help you make your application.
Before you start
In order to begin your application on the DAERA Export Certification Online system (DECOL) you will need to have completed the export health certificate (EHC) application and have any supporting documents ready for upload.
Obtaining an EHC
You can obtain the EHC application via the Defra form finder.
Guidance on using DECOL is available in the exporter’s instructions at the link below:
If you need assistance to complete a digital application for an Export Health Certificate (EHC) please contact your regional DAERA Direct Office for assistance.
Exporters should review the Notes for Guidance for each certificate (available via the Defra Form Finder to ascertain if product is eligible for export. You should also check if you need to obtain import permits or importing authority approvals. Where needed, these should be obtained from the importing authorities prior to applying for an EHC and uploaded along with all other application documents via DECOL.
Frequent exporters may find it useful to review the supporting documentation they usually submit with a particular export and upload similar consignment specific information to DECOL at the time of application.
Schedule for additional product information
If there is insufficient space on the EHC application to record full product details you need to complete a schedule and submit this with your application. Do not use if not essential. The schedule and instructions for completion are available using the link below:
Exporting via TRACES
If you are exporting the following commodities, certification is issued via the EU TRACES system
- Turkey - hatching eggs
To apply for certification for these commodities, please follow the steps below:
Exporters NOT registered on TRACES system:
- Complete the Export of Animal Products TRACES application form.
- Once completed, your application form must be uploaded onto DECOL using the YES flow, along with other relevant supporting documentation. Please enter 0000 when prompted to insert a 4 digit Form Reference Number
Exporters who are already registered on TRACES system:
- Sign into TRACES(external link opens in a new window / tab). Complete the details of the meat products you are exporting.
- Download a copy of the completed TRACES document and upload this, using the YES flow, to DECOL.
- Please enter the unique serial number of your TRACES application onto DECOL when prompted for an exporter reference number and 0000 when prompted to insert a 4 digit Form Reference number.
Please note you are not required to complete and upload an EHC pdf application to DECOL for certification issued on the TRACES system. A completed TRACES document or TRACES application form (See link above) should be uploaded instead.
- An introduction to poultry and eggs farming
- Egg marketing
- Export Health Certificates (EHCs) not available on Form Finder
- Food hygiene requirements at egg producers
- Hatching eggs, hatcheries and breeding farms
- Poultry and eggs contacts
- Poultry management notes
- Poultry meat marketing
- Poultry news
- Registration of laying hen establishments