You can apply to export eggs and egg products following the link below. Here you will find guidance and templates to help you make your application.
Before you start
In order to begin your application on the DAERA Export Certification Online system (DECOL) you will need to have completed the export health certificate (EHC) application and have any supporting documents ready for upload.
Obtaining an EHC
You can obtain the EHC application via the Defra form finder.
Guidance on using DECOL is available in the exporter’s instructions at the link below:
If you need assistance to complete a digital application for an Export Health Certificate (EHC) please contact your regional DAERA Direct Office for assistance.
Exporters should review the Notes for Guidance for each certificate (available via the Defra Form Finder to ascertain if product is eligible for export. You should also check if you need to obtain import permits or importing authority approvals. Where needed, these should be obtained from the importing authorities prior to applying for an EHC and uploaded along with all other application documents via DECOL.
Frequent exporters may find it useful to review the supporting documentation they usually submit with a particular export and upload similar consignment specific information to DECOL at the time of application.
Schedule for additional product information
If there is insufficient space on the EHC application to record full product details you need to complete a schedule and submit this with your application. Do not use if not essential. The schedule and instructions for completion are available using the link below:
Exporting via TRACES - Changes from January 01 2021
Prior to 01 January 2021, if you were exporting certain commodities to Turkey, certification was applied for using a form from TRACES which was then uploaded to DECOL.
Post 01 January 2021, the use of TRACES harmonised EHCs is no longer available to UK exporters. Alternative arrangements for certification have either been put in place or are in progress through discussions with the countries involved.
Exporters are advised to check Form Finder for the availability of the EHCs for their commodities. In the event that an EHC is not currently available please contact email@example.com.
- An introduction to poultry and eggs farming
- Animal Inventory Returns
- DAERA Premises List
- DAERA Stakeholder Bulletins
- DECOL Guidance
- Egg marketing
- Export Certification for Bovine Germplasm, including Semen, Oocytes and Embryos, to EU Member States
- Export Health Certificates (EHCs) not available on Form Finder
- Export of porcine semen to EU
- Exporting animals and animal products from Northern Ireland to a Third Country (DECOL)
- Exporting Food Products of Animal Origin and Animal By Products to GB for later onward export to EU/NI from GB (SHA Online)
- FAQ Movement of Product of Animal Origin (POAO) to and from GB and for onward export V2
- Food hygiene requirements at egg producers
- Further information on equine movements to GB, ROI, exports to EU Member States and Third Countries
- Hatching eggs, hatcheries and breeding farms
- Milk and milk products Q & A
- Poultry and eggs contacts
- Poultry management notes
- Poultry meat marketing
- Poultry news
- Registration of laying hen establishments
- UK Certification Schemes