Shared Agencies Regulatory Evidence Programme
It aims to maximise the benefits derived from funding and other resources invested and to avoid duplication of effort. DAERA has been a partner in the ShARE programme from its inception in 2014 and the relationship is managed by the NIEA Regulation Unit. ShARE outputs include scientific evidence, operational tools and new knowledge that support regulatory decision making and deliver enhanced environmental protection and improvement.
ShARE research areas:
- the impact of regulated industry activities on the environment
- understand the effectiveness of interventions
- horizon scanning – emerging technologies, markets, policy and legislation (anticipating issues and opportunities)
- understanding how environmental regulators can enable sustainable economic growth
- provide evidence to advise government and others on the likely success of policy and regulatory options
|Environment Agency||John Collins|
|Environment Protection Agency||John McEntagart|
|NI Environment Agency||David Charlton|
|Natural Resources Wales||Simon Neale|
ShARE has established links to a number of research bodies including the Natural Environment Research Council (https://nerc.ukri.org/) and UK Research and Innovation (https://www.ukri.org/). ShARE aims to inform these bodies on mutual areas of priority need identified by the ShARE partners to support development of research focus.
Further detail on ShARE projects can be found at:
Contact the Regulation Unit Land and Groundwater Team