Exporting animals and animal products from Northern Ireland to a Third Country (DECOL)

An Export Health Certificate (EHC) is required for goods which are exported from NI to Non- EU ‘Third Countries’. You can obtain an EHC from DAERA via our online application process and you can also find advice, answers to exporters most frequently asked questions and templates to help you make your application on this page. Applications should be made at least 2 working days in advance of the date of export. This is the date of loading of your consignment from premises of dispatch. Information not available at the time of application can be submitted via a link prior to export, however this may delay provision of your EHC

For more information on requirements for NI to GB trade, please visit the DAERA Support Health Attestation (SHA) webpages.

Important – Due to the current outbreak of Avian Influenza within the UK this is impacting the availability of some Export Health Certificates.  Use the following link to view the latest AI EHC List

Important – Changes to UK establishment approval codes for third country approval lists (including China) have taken place.  Click here to see how this affects your business.

Please click here for current information on easements for third country exports

To apply for an EHC or find out more commodity specific information click on the relevant box below.



Composite products (to follow)

Further general information on exporting can be accessed via the following links:

Important – Exporter Information Notices, detailing important information on exporting and use of the DECOL system

For queries, please contact as follows:

For meat, dairy and composite food product certificates issued by DAERA or live animals, animal by-products, hides, skins, germplasm, hatching eggs and table egg certificates issued by Authorised Veterinary Inspectors:

All exporters must contact their AVI provider directly to ensure the appropriate service can be provided.

For sea fish, fish and seafood products (e.g. oysters), fish & egg composites products certificates issued by Local Authority Environmental Health Officers:

For live aquaculture and farmed fish certificates issued by DAERA Inland Fisheries Inspectorate:

More useful links

Privacy notice- To find out how any personal information you send to the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) will be handled when using this service, go to DAERA Privacy Statement.

Back to top