For the latest information on developments and/or requirements for NI to Third Country trade, please visit Northern Ireland to Third Country Exports Information and updates on certification procedures (including for Third Country Exports) are available on the DAERA Stakeholder Bulletin page.
For more information on requirements for NI to GB trade, please visit the DAERA Support Health Attestation (SHA) webpages
To apply for an EHC or find out more commodity specific information click on the relevant box below.
For queries, please contact as follows:
For meat, dairy and composite food product certificates issued by DAERA or live animals, animal by-products, hides, skins, germplasm, hatching eggs and table egg certificates issued by Authorised Veterinary Inspectors:
- Application Queries DAERA Direct Regional Offices
- First point of contact for Export Enquiries: DAERA Divisional Veterinary Offices
- Authorised Veterinary Inspectors – Northern Ireland AVI Veterinary Practices
All exporters must contact their AVI provider directly to ensure the appropriate service can be provided.
For sea fish, fish and seafood products (e.g. oysters), fish & egg composites products certificates issued by Local Authority Environmental Health Officers:
For live aquaculture and farmed fish certificates issued by DAERA Inland Fisheries Inspectorate:
More useful links
- Questions and answers on EHC application process
- Instructions for using the DAERA Export Certification Online (DECOL) system
- General information about exporting
Privacy notice- To find out how any personal information you send to the Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) will be handled when using this service, go to DAERA Privacy Statement.