Guidance on import/export licences required for other agricultural products

Rules have changed since January 2021 and some products now require a general import or export licence.

For more information on these changes and the products that require a licence please visit the Information on General (NON-Quota) Import/Export Licences webpage.

The Rural Payments Agency (RPA) is an executive agency of the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) and is the agency responsible for the administration of import and export licensing for the UK. RPA works closely with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) to help traders in the UK import and export certain agricultural products.

The full guidance document is available on the website. It includes links to register with the RPA and to the application form for a general licence.

If you require further guidance or have any questions, please contact RPA directly at 

Back to top