What are carrier bag levy statistics?
The purpose of this publication is to report on the number of carrier bags dispensed each financial year under the carrier bag levy in Northern Ireland.
The Single Use Carrier Bags Charge Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2013 were made on 15 January 2013 and came into operation on 8 April 2013. From that date, all sellers of goods in Northern Ireland had to charge their customers at least 5 pence (“the levy”) for each single use carrier bag supplied new. From 19 January 2015, the levy was extended to all carrier bags with a retail price of less than 20 pence, whether they are considered single use or reusable.
- Carrier bag levy annual statistics 2018/19
- Carrier bag levy annual statistics 2017/18
- Carrier bag levy annual statistics 2016/17
- Carrier bag levy annual statistics 2015/16
- Carrier bag levy annual statistics 2014/15
- Carrier bag levy annual statistics 2013/14
This report will be updated annually.
The Department intends to publish 2019/20 figures in August 2020.
The scheduled dates for all upcoming publications are available from the GOV.UK statistics release calendar.
Responsible statistician: Pamela McCorry
Tel: +44 (0)28 9054 0916